My journey from fat and depressed to just depressed. I have to work on one thing at a time!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Why the name

Today I will tell all of you why I chose "Reflection of a Fat Chick" as the title for my blog.
The other day I was walking down the street and I happen to glance at the glass window of a building. I was shocked at what I saw! I mean, I have lost over 40 lbs! That big heffer in the window can't be me! I was crushed!
You see, in my head I don't look as big as I am but when I look in the mirror or in a reflection, I get a shock! I also think that am fatter than I am. I'm always thinking, "I can't fit through there!, A booth, you want me to fit my huge tummy in a booth!" Just this Christmas my Mom gave me a pair of jeans in a size 18. I took them out of the box, held them up and told myself "These will never fit." Well, the next day I decided to try them on, just to see if I could even pull them past my hips, and guess what they fit! I really couldn't believe it! Then I went shopping with my husband and I wanted a black pair of pants. My Mom had bought me a pair of Levi's that were a size 18 and fit wonderfully. So I wanted to get the same pants only in black. We went into JCPenney and I started looking. Of course they only had brown ones, but I found a pair of black jeans. As I'm walking to the dressing room I grab a pair of 16 pants. All along I'm thinking, "Your crazy, you'll never fit in 16s!" Well, I try on the 18 jeans and they fit. Then I try on the 16s. I pull them over my fat ass and they slip on. "Weird", I said to myself, "They must be mislabeled". Well, I go to button them and they won't button. I have about 2 inches before I can button them. I leave the dressing room with nothing because I'm thinking to myself, "I'm only 2 inches from a size 16." I leave JCP happy but with no new pants.
Then my family goes to downtown Sarasota for pizza. I love pizza! I eat! Bad! So we're walking through downtown and I see the girl in the reflection again. She's huge! Surely I can't be that big if I almost fit into a 16, not a 16W but a Missy 16. What gives? Is it in my head? But my mind's eye still picture myself like I was I high school, a size 4. Maybe, I'll always think I'm bigger than I am when I really see myself in the mirror.

Stats for Today:
239.8 lbs
-2.40 lbs from yesterday

I know this is just water weight. I always gain weight after a weekend when I don't drink as much water. Then Tuesday morning most of the weight is gone, but I will continue to weigh myself everyday! I'm a scale junkie, but it helps me stay on track. I know the body weighs differently thoughout the day and that your weight can fluctuate wildly but I weigh myself every morning at the same time and I don't let the scale dictate my mood for the day.

Have fun everyone and stay healthy,
Mare

No comments: