My journey from fat and depressed to just depressed. I have to work on one thing at a time!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Newbie to Blogging

After reading so many blogs about weight loss I decided to write one myself. The reason for this is I need an outlet for my crazy roller coaster emotions and life.
Let me tell you a little about myself:
I'm 35 years old and am a mother to a beautiful little girl. She's almost 3. I am married but unfortunately, unhappily.
I really started dieting last year around September weighing around 283 lbs. Then the holidays came and then my in-laws and lets just say I gave up. Then came alli, my new best friend. I have heard all the horror stories and to tell you the truth I have not suffered any bad side effects! So I don't want to hear it. As long as you follow a low-fat diet you are fine!
I started alli, in late June and now I am down to 242.2. Which because of the holidays is up from 238.4 lbs.
I was not a fat kid, but I wasn't thin either. I remember wanting to fit into all the cute clothes but having to shop at the husky section of the store.
I started high school kind of chubby weighing in at about 160. Then during the summer break between sophomore and junior year I went on nutrisystem and lost about 35 lbs. And boy did I look and feel great! I started to get noticed and I was popular. I'm not saying I was one of the popular kids but I was known to the popular kids. I even joined the swim team!
After high school I went to college and had a bunch of cool friends. I joined the newspaper and had the time of my life, until my parents broke up and my Mom moved to Florida. Everything went down hill fast! I started skipping classes and just being depressed. I finally just flunked out. My parents got back together a year later and so my Dad joined my Mom in Florida. I decided to stay in NJ. I got myself a roommate. Let's just say that was a nightmare. She never paid her half of the rent and I wound up putting everything on credit cards and working 2 jobs just to be able to pay the debt.
I tried to get back into school but I couldn't concentrate on anything. Finally, my boyfriend at the time dumped me and I was devastated. I quit both my jobs, called my Dad and moved to Florida. I still think about my boyfriend now. He was the love of my life and I screwed it up.
By the time I got to Florida my weight was up to 196 and climbing. That was 1994.
The next few years were OK but my weight was creeping up no matter what I did. I had 3 boyfriends but nothing serious. I think my biggest problem was that I was saving myself for marriage, I know I was 25 and still a virgin. It wasn't because I didn't have the opportunities, I did, I just wasn't ready or so I thought!
Then I met my now husband. We did have sex before we were married and it was great for a while. We decided to move in together in March of 1998 but not before he asked me to marry him. We were married in December of 1999. It was great, sure we had our fights but nothing that, I thought, we couldn't work out. Then in November of 2003 he calls me from work saying he has something bad to tell me. I thought he was losing his job because I was on the brink of losing mine. He comes home on November 24th and tells me he'd been having an affair since 2001. Let's just say all hell broke loose and I left for about 2 days. I should have stayed gone and filed for divorce, but I didn't. I went back to him and had a child in 2005. She's beautiful and the reason I stay with him. I just can't bring myself to leave with her and start a new life. He can provide her with so many things that I can't, like medical insurance.
Anyway, now it's 2008 and I'm 40.8 pounds lighter than I was when I started to seriously think about my weight in September 2006.

This Blog:
This blog will be a place for my to vent about my problems losing weight and my personal life. For reasons that are my own I will not tell you my name, just call me Mare.
Weight Now: 242.2
Goal for the end of January: 236
Goal for the end of 2008: 160 lbs

I will try to post everyday but because I usually only get online at work, Saturday and Sunday are maybes.

I'm not following any specific diet. I'm just watching what I eat and write down everything that goes into my mouth. I'm watching my calories and my fat grams.

I hope I can be of some help to others but this is mostly for me.

Oh, and don't be surprised if I curse every now and then.

OK let's get started.

No comments: