My journey from fat and depressed to just depressed. I have to work on one thing at a time!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Diets

I've been reading a lot lately about diets. There's the Atkins diet, the South Beach diet, Nutri-System, Jenny Craig and yes even Weight Watchers. These are all diets. The way you eat is called a diet. Whether it's a good and healthy diet or a bad one it up to you. I really don't follow any of these. I don't have the money for Nutri-System, Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers and I've tried the low carb thing and it's not for me. If you are doing any of these and having success then it's the right "diet" for you. You have to find what works for you. I find that eating anything I want in moderation and it works for me. I watch my calorie, fat and fiber intake and write down everything that goes in my mouth. Some people find that too difficult and that's fine. You need to fund what works for you. But please, keep it healthy! If I could afford to do Nutri-System again I would, but until I get a free subcription, I'll stick to my own thing.
Crash diets don't work. Find a balanced diet and you'll do fine. I understand about induction phases and detox phases but don't do them for too long. It's not healthy. I believe in moderation and exercise. Proteins are good for you and should be a part of a healthy diet, so are good carbs, and fats. I try and stay away from refined sugars and soy! I hate soy! I know a lot of people swear by soy but I just don't buy it. For years it's been a huge part of "Healthy" eating and I just couldn't and wouldn't buy into the hype. Now slowly there's been a lot of articles about how soy can be bad for you. I glad that it's slowly coming to the surface. My mom was a huge advocate of soy until she read an article about how it's affecting fertility in humans and causing hormonal problems in men as well, like low sperm counts. I finally get to say, "I told you so", to my mom.
Anyway enough ranting. I'm down again to day which is a miracle for me this week. "Charlie" hasn't arrived yet but I'm guessing by the end of the week. Monday's weigh in will be ugly!
This weekend will be stressful and hard for me. It's my mom's birthday and she's coming down for the weekend. Every time she comes down I gain more weight than I normally would during the weekends. She stresses me out. I really love her but it seems like I can't do anything right. She criticizes everything I do or say. And if she doesn't say anything she gives me or someone "the Look". I hate that LOOK. It's so demeaning.
Here's to losing more and choosing the right "DIET" for you.
Mare

No comments: