My journey from fat and depressed to just depressed. I have to work on one thing at a time!

Friday, January 4, 2008

On my way

This morning I weighed myself and i was 1.6 pounds lighter than yesterday. That means I'm 238.2 pound today. I'm still keeping my goal to 236 by the end of January.
I'm a huge fan of the Food Network. I love cooking shows. Go figure, a fat chick that loves cooking shows! Anyway, I think it's funny how every year their programing follows a certain flow. During the holidays, it's all about great food and desserts. They show you how to have a great holiday party with gorgeous food. Then the new year comes around and it's all about slimming down and getting rid of the weight you gained during the holidays! I even saw a show last night were Paula Deen cooked light! Yes, Paula Deen, the Queen of butter! Paula, I love you, but really you light food, give me a break! Then as February approaches, we'll get chocolate week or some strange thing containing chocolate in the title. Yesterday afternoon I watched Giada cook light. That girl probably never had to worry about her weight! I'm not really complaining, but I wish they would be more realistic in the chefs they chose for these specials. I also wish that they would put the nutritional information on all of their recipes, not just the "Light" ones. I use their site a lot and I substitute a lot of stuff to lower the fat and calories but it would be great to know what you start with.
I also read a lot of blogs. I started last year aound this time with Scaling Down. I don't know if that's the name of her blog or not but she was very inspirational, but she hasn't blogged in a while and there tends to be big gaps since she reached her goal weight.
PastaQueen is a great blog! She's 6 pounds away from losing 200 lbs! I really love her sense of humor and it's because of her that I'm now writing a blog.
I really don't know a lot about blogging or websites so if something goes wrong I'll try and figure it out.

My Stats today:
Current Weight: 238.2 lbs
Pounds lost: 44.8 lbs
Goal weight: 160 lbs

Good Luck to you all.
I normally don't use the computer on weekends so you might not hear from me until Monday. I know my weight will be up then but it's just water weight.
Mare

No comments: